The following is a brief synopsis of our privacy practices:
Why do we need to collect your personal information?
If you are a GB Pilley & Associates Ltd. client, we may have collected some basic information about you. We respect your privacy, which is why we collect personal information only for the purpose of completing our engagement.
When do we disclose personal information?
There are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose some personal information about our clients. Here are some examples:
- To assist the client’s banker, financial advisor or solicitor.
- As necessary in communicating with the Canada Revenue Agency on behalf of the client.
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information we:
- will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above, except with your further consent;
- will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards;
- will protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other organizations;
- will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above; and
- will honour any request you may make for access to your personal information.
What are your options?
We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, you do have options and can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
- You may refuse to provide your personal information to us.
- You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice.
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.